I've Been Nominated!
While I was at work yesterday, I received a tweet from Danielle @ It's a Harleyyy Life. She nominated me for the Sunshine Award!
Essentially, this award is given to those who inspire and bring sunshine into the lives of those who make the nominations. Knowing that I bring a little bit of sunshine into Danielle's life truly made me happy. Thanks, girlfriend!
Here are the rules:
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award.
My Questions from Danielle:
1. When is your favorite time of day to work out?
–I absolutely love working out in the morning. Although it can be one hell of a drag pushing myself to get up and out, starting my day with physical activity always makes it that much better.
2. What is something you never thought you’d be able to do, but you’ve accomplished in spite of the obstacles?
Although I haven't quuuuite accomplished it yet, I will accomplish my first half-marathon, the Philadelphia Marathon in November! I have always deemed myself a non-runner, but something clicked this past March and made me want to start pushing myself to run a bit of distance. Since then, I fell in love with the sport and enrolled in my first half. I'm on my way to 26.2 (and hopefully Disney)!
3. Do you have a go-to splurge item (specific food, clothing store, electronics, anything!)? What is it and when do you have it?
I'm just going to narrow this one down to Marshall's. From shoes to freakin' nut butters, i's too easy to justify buying everything in that store! Splurge central, most definitely.
4. How do you make time for yourself?
Although I'm super busy from the time that I wake up until the time that I go to bed, I always manage to find ways to make time for myself. Whether it's squeezing a gym session or simply checking out social media for a few minutes, I find ways to take a breather. The bulk of my "me time," however, comes during the weekend!
5. Where would you live if money were no object?
That's a tough one. Honestly, I love my hometown, Philadelphia. I plan to live here for a while simply because it's everything that I can ask for at this point in my life. If I had to move elsewhere, I would probably pick San Diego or someplace in Florida. The warm weather screams my name! Plus I'd get to put my scuba diving certification to good use too.
6. Who is your go-to person for advice when you’re trying to make a tough decision?
My dad, no doubt.
7. What is the strangest food or fitness trend you’ve tried?
I can't think of any fitness trends, but as far as strange food goes: friend 'gator. That's what happens when you have a family in Florida! They cook up all kinds of crazy things.
8. What are you most looking forward to in the next 12 months?
Way too many things. From Sweet Note Bakery to school-related things, there are many goals that I plan to tackle. I'll let you in on one little secret: there may be a special Sweet Note Bakery vlog hitting to the Freckled Nettles page soon. You guys can finally meet my partner, Michelle! Stay tuned :)
9. What is your favorite childhood memory or family tradition?
I always loved spending time with my family on Christmas Eve. Although it's tough to get the gang together for holidays now, Christmas especially, I'm thankful to have the memories to cherish.
10. Do you follow a strict food and fitness plan or wing it?
I wouldn't call it strict. I do, however, stick to what I'm used to. I always eat the things that I enjoy, which consists of (mostly) plant-based items. I also make sure I get some type of physical activity in 5 times a week. Since I am marathon training, I have been following a workout plan. Any other time, I like to wing my workouts!
Hayley @ Eats of a Girl Discovering
Kathleen @ She Rocks Fitness
Miranda @ Miranda Runs
Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate
Christine @ The Apple of My Eye
Alex @ The Run Within
Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake
Katherine @ Peanut Butter Lover
Miss Polka Dot @ Let's Get Up and Live
Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
Please feel free to answer the same questions above!
Thanks again for the nomination, Danielle! <3
Have a lovely weekend, everyone!
What's your go-to splurge item?