It's been too long since I channeled my inner pancake guru and whipped up a stack, so I figured it was
about time to put on my baking cap (or my finest, comfiest pair of PJs) and do so. This past Sunday was wonderful, needless to say. Pancakes have the potential to brighten any morning. Does anyone else agree?
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Recipe By: Brittany @ Freckled Nettles
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 5-7 Minutes
- 2 tbsp Nutiva coconut flour
- 2 tbsp GF oat flour (can be made by grinding rolled oats in a food processor)
- 1/2 scoop Labrada Nutrition Lean Body for Her
- 1/2 cup Silk unsweetened almond milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Sweet Leaf - Stevia, to taste
Topping: (optional, but highly recommended)
- pumpkin purée
- SunButter Sunflower Seed Spread or Krema Natural Peanut Butter (I maaaay have used both)
Blend all ingredients together, then cook on medium-high heat for about 7 minutes, flipping once.
Okay. I totally used both SunButter and Krema (AKA Crazy Richard's) on my pancakes, and I have no shame in my game.
I also paired them with a cup of Silk cashew milk. Pure. Bliss.
Also, quick note: I plan to do some camera shopping soon. It's time to graduate from the iPhone. ☺︎ Does anyone have any recommendations? Any help is greatly appreciated!
What's your favorite pancake ingredient? Chocolate chips? Veggies? Flour?